söndag 14 december 2008

Second row

Just wanted to mention something we did on wednesdays training, partly for fun and partly to be able to appreciate what the others do on the pitch, be more aware of the position everybody else should be in und so weiter. We were doing some game play with pretend opposition, and all forwards played as backs and vice versa - I had a great time! It was all a bit confusing to start with, as you can imagine, the pods weren't really working as they should =) Lineouts didn't include spectacular lifts and scrummaging was appalling (but since the only one pushing against us was Glyn the Coach it didn't really matter). I have done one training session as a second row very early in my career, so when it was time for the scrum I tried grabbing my props shorts because I've been told that's how you do it. Apparently my "prop" was not prepared for such a intimate grip and KP bounced off shouting not there, not there! Hilarious!

Anyway, it's something I wouldn't mind doing again. Try it. (not the grabbing, the whole exercise!)

Inga kommentarer: