söndag 16 november 2008

Herts v Bucks

Short of players but less hungover than last time Hertfordshire ladies took on Buckinghamshire on a muddy pitch in Ealing earlier today. With a scrumhalf bribed out of retirement, a flanker on the wing and after a warm up routine that could be written down on a post-it, we performed magic, ladies and gentlemen. Sure, we dropped the ball, we slipped in the mud, we missed tackles and we let them score...but just once. After five tries, two conversions and one penalty of our own we were bronze medalists - not badly done even if the number of county teams entering the championship wasn't impressive in any way.

I suprised myself a couple of times during the game:

1) the alarm bell in my head finally went off: look, our fullback is out of place, someone else really should cover behind us. Wait, that's me!

2) kicking, high and straight and everything...me booting it in a game happens once in a blue moon - but apparently all I need is for someone to bellow KICK IT, KICK IT! really close to my ear.

Right now I'm just sitting on my bed, looking at my medal and eating some sweets. Happy as a clam.

Inga kommentarer: